Thursday, March 18, 2010

The yellow is gone!




144 Hours after Birth - You may have noticed in Lexi's pictures at 129 hours after birth, she was really yellow/orange, Oompa-Loompa like in fact... Luckily, that seems to have resolved... with a little help from Shauna and I. We've been on the feed Lexi every hour train for the last two days to help get rid of the excess bilirubin in her system. Her liver perked up yesterday (most babies have Jandice to some degree in the first couple of days), and now we're all doing better, Lexi has normal color, and Shauna and I got a little more sleep today.

Honestly, I can't say enough how true it is when people say you won't get much sleep. Lexi is a pretty good baby too, she more or less doesn't cry too much. If we had a screaming baby, no one would be sleeping at all around here, I'm so glad we get the little sleep we do get!

I talked to my sister Katie yesterday, she found out she's having another baby boy! They are due in August. We're really excited for her!

2 comments:

alanna said...

Hooray for Lexi!

I totally know what you guys are talking about. Both my boys had to come home on lights. It was so sad because all we wanted to do was hold them and they had to be strapped to their little tanning beds. :)

Good luck on getting more sleep. :)

JJ said...

Her finger gets further in her mouth with every picture! I think she is adorable!